Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chicken and Black Bean Tostizzas

1 can Grands biscuits
1 c diced, cooked chicken (I use a small jar of chicken that I pressure canned)
1 c canned black beans, drained
1/2 c salsa
2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 c bell pepper strips (1 inch long)
6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c sour cream, optional
1/2 c guacamole, optional

Heat oven to 350. Separate dough into eight biscuits. On ungreased baking sheets, press or roll each biscuit into 5 1/2 round. In med bowl, combine chicken, beans, salsa and taco seasoning mix well. Spread evenly over biscuits to withing 1/4 in of edges. Top with onions, bell pepper and cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-24 min or til biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted. To serve, top with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Makes 8 mini- pizzas.

*I roll out the biscuits on a floured cutting board. I prefer to wait and put the cheese on after they come out of the oven and just let the cheese melt. My kids don't like the salsa and black beans added in, so for their tostizzas I just take diced precooked chicken (chicken that has been pressure canned works well) and add a little taco seasoning and water. Since Scott and I are the only ones who eat the chicken/black bean/salsa mix, I just freeze half of the recipe for the next time we eat it. Then I only have to make it every other month.

No comments:

Post a Comment